Friday 15 February 2008

12th Feb 08

Date: 12th Feb 08
Location: St Louis, Senegal
Weather: Last night thunder and lightening, today scattered clouds and sunshine 36°c
Status: All very good thank you!

We were going to leave here today en route to Gambia but after last nights rain and electrical storm have decided to hang tight for now as there’s talk that the road we were going to take is under water and won’t be passable until tomorrow…well that’s a good enough excuse for me to stay on the beach for another night!!!

Had a really interesting few days as we’ve got to know our host Ibou more and more, visited his family’s house (how many kids can you get in there!?!) and hung out with his friends in the evenings listening to music while grilling fresh sardines and snapper on the open fire! Its truly been paradise….

But this expedition must keep on moving to cover the kms and reach the next challenge, although it’s only in June I feel that my training has taken a back seat in the last few days and so I’m off for a run down the endless beach to break into a sweat and then cool off in the ocean again.

Had some awesome news from a best friend Josie out in Mexico, she called the other night using the power of the internet and has decided to come and join me at some stage so they’ll be another passenger at some point in the near future. (Josie if you’re reading this can you email me as yours keeps bouncing back to me!)

Keep following and I’ll keep updating as often as is possible….

End of day location: St Louis, Senegal
Distance covered: 0kms

No comments: