Monday 9 June 2008

7th June 08

Date: 7th June 08
Location: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Weather: Clear blue skies and sunshine, 24°c
Status: Happy to be nearly back in my spiritual home again!!

Up lazily at 9am and was greeted by a full English breakfast which was stunning before hitting the road east towards the Indian Ocean and Durban.

On the drive down from PMB to Durban I traced the route of the Comrades which I’d be running in 8 days time…..oh dear its SUCH a long way and the course is MASSIVELY steep!! Bring it on.

Arrived in Port Edward where I lived for a number of years and met up with some good friends to watch South Africa v’s Wales in the rugby (SA won convincingly!) and then headed to Darryl and Nicky’s wedding which happened to be on that night.

Awesome to catch up with so many good friends all in the same jovial environment. I’ll be staying with the Taylor’s over the next few days and headed to their house for a well earned rest.

As far as I’m concerned that’s Part One of the travelling over and time to repair, service and clean the Colonel. I said I wouldn’t wash him until I got to SA and now here I am!


End of day location: Port Edward, South Africa
Distance covered: 360kms

No comments: